not gonna lie…
she is the most complex character on the show and i have loved her all throughout her parents divorce storyline. i didnt even like her in seasons 8 and 9, but i have LOVED her since her parents got a divorce. how she is acting is completely relatable. she feels like everyone has neglected her… because they have.
- her parents have divorced, her mom moved on with a new man and didn’t even ask clare how she felt
- her dad moved on with a new woman and stopped talking to clare (he should’ve been the one to reach out as the parent)
- eli was dangerously sick towards the end of their relationship and scared her
- jake, her boyfriend at the time, became her frieken step brother and she lost him
- alli, her best friend, kissed her boyfriend (the end of their friendship is entirely alli’s fault - clare reacted like any teenage girl or boy would and YOU ALL KNOW IT)
she has been acting selfish throughout season 11, but who wouldn’t when everyone has made you seem worthless? if she doesn’t stick up for herself and her aspirations then who would? her breakdown has been coming, it has been needed, and thank god in Not Ready To Make Nice we are finally seeing her reflect on her issues and breakdown.
BEST. EPISODE. EVER.
Ramona Barkert, my love for you is endless. You gave us Extraordinary Machine (hands down the best episode of Now Or Never and my guess for the gemini’s this year, and you have now given us Not Ready To Make Nice. Can you just write every episode? Please? :)